Upper Grand District School Board &
Tri-City Training Waivers & Liability Forms
ALL HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLERS MUST ALSO SIGN UGDSB WAIVERS & PERMISSION FORMS - Available from your Coach
Terms and conditions
TRI-CITY MARTIAL ARTS INC. 375 Waterloo Ave. Guelph,Ont, K1H 3K3
Tel: (226-979-5440) E-mail: INFO@TriCityTraining.ca
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Tri-City Martial Arts Inc. (Hereafter referred to as Tri-City Training)Tri-City Training athletic / sports programs, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
I understand that martial arts training involve potentially dangerous techniques and by signing below, I accept all risk of injury as my own personal liability. I understand that there are risks inherent in any physical fitness program and I accept these risks as my own personal liability. I affirm that I am in good health, capable of safely participating in cardiovascular and physical activity and I accept as my personal risk the consequences of such participation. I understand that it is always wise to consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program.
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Tri-City Training, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
5. If applicable, I authorize the use of photos of myself to be used in print or on the web for promotional purposes.
If the student is under 18 years old, I am authorized to provide consent for the person named in the registration form to participate in this program. I understand the risks defined above. I certify that I am authorized to release personal information on the student's behalf. If applicable, I authorize the use of photos of my child to be used in print or on the web for promotional purposes.
6. I have read the policies regarding training during the Covid-19 Pandemic and agree to follow the physical distancing and hand hygiene rules as outlined by Tri-City Training. I agree to stay home if I feel unwell, or have come into contact with someone who has Covid symptoms.
7. Notify Tri-City Training 30 days prior to cancelling your membership.
8. Read and understand "Concussion Education" (Rowans Law)Below and agree to Athlete Concussion Agreement
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE
(UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.
Contagion Liability Release Waiver - ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE, INDEMNITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK REGARDING COVID-19
READ THIS WAIVER CAREFULLY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way at Tri-City Training Sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and Confirms that I am not presenting any of the following symptoms of Contagion, Fever, Shortness of Breath, Loss of Sense of Taste or Smell, Dry Cough,
Runny Nose, Sore Throat while participating.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Tri-City Training may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
The definition of Contagion defined by:
A. a Federal, Provincial, Territorial or Municipal authority or agency; B. a Minister of the Federal, Provincial or Territorial Crown; C. a person occupying the position of Chief Medical Officer of Health (or similar position) of a Province, Territory or Municipality; D. the World Health Organization; E. the Center for Disease Control/Centre for Disease Control of: i) Canada or any Canadian Province or Territory; ii) the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; or iii) of the United States of America and any American State or Territory.
For purposes of this Waiver, disease or contagion so designated shall include:
a) any derivative, mutation or variation of the disease or contagion;
b) any fear or threat of the spread of the disease or contagion;
c) any failure to prevent, contain or eradicate the disease or contagion.
For purposes of greater clarity the following are diseases or contagion are the following:
1) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); 2) Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2); 3) Ebola; 4) Avian Influenza (Avian Bird Flu); and, 5) Legionella (Legionnaire’s Disease).
CONCUSSION AWARENESS RESOURCES (ROWAN'S LAW)
CONCUSSION RESOURCE (Please read)
STUDENT ATHLETE/PARENT Code of CONDUCT
Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes under 26 years of age and Parents/Guardians (for athletes under 18 years of age)
I will help prevent concussions by:
- Wearing the proper equipment for my sport and wearing it correctly.
- Developing my skills and strength so that I can participate to the best of my ability.
- Respecting the rules of my sport or activity.
- My commitment to fair play and respect for all* (respecting other athletes, coaches, team trainers and officials).
I will care for my health and safety by taking concussions seriously, and I understand that:
- A concussion is a brain injury that can have both short- and long-term effects.
- A blow to my head, face or neck, or a blow to the body that causes the brain to
move around inside the skull may cause a concussion.
- I don’t need to lose consciousness to have had a concussion.
- I have a commitment to concussion recognition and reporting, including self- reporting of possible concussion and reporting to a designated person when and individual suspects that another individual may have sustained a concussion.* (Meaning: If I think I might have a concussion I should stop participating in further training, practice or competition immediately, or tell an adult if I think another athlete has a concussion).
- Continuing to participate in further training, practice or competition with a possible concussion increases my risk of more severe, longer lasting symptoms, and increases my risk of other injuries.
I will not hide concussion symptoms. I will speak up for myself and others.
- I will not hide my symptoms. I will tell a coach, official, team trainer, parent or another adult I trust if I experience any symptoms of concussion.
- If someone else tells me about concussion symptoms, or I see signs they might have a concussion, I will tell a coach, official, team trainer, parent or another adult I trust so they can help.
- I understand that if I have a suspected concussion, I will be removed from sport and that I will not be able to return to training, practice or competition until I undergo a medical assessment by a medical doctor or nurse practitioner and have been medically cleared to return to training, practice or competition.
- I have a commitment to sharing any pertinent information regarding incidents of removal from sport with the athlete’s school and any other sport organization with which the athlete has registered* (Meaning: If I am diagnosed with a concussion, I understand that letting all of my other coaches and teachers know about my injury will help them support me while I recover.)
I will take the time I need to recover, because it is important for my health.
- I understand my commitment to supporting the return-to-sport process* (I will have to follow my sport organization’s Return-to-Sport Protocol).
- I understand I will have to be medically cleared by a medical doctor or nurse practitioner before returning to training, practice or competition.
- I will respect my coaches, team trainers, parents, health-care professionals, and medical doctors and nurse practitioners, regarding my health and safety.
By signing the Tri-City Training members application, I acknowledge that I have fully reviewed and commit to this Concussion Code of Conduct.
TRI-CITY MARTIAL ARTS INC.
375 Waterloo Ave. Guelph,Ont,K1H 3K3 Tel: (226-979-5440) E-mail: Info@TriCityTraining.ca
TRI-CITY TRAINING MEMBERSHIP CONSUMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please read the terms and conditions of payment carefully
Your choice of membership category on joining will determine the fees you pay. The membership fee and any other fees are payable in advance by each member (either by cash, credit card or direct debit agreement. If you wish to pay monthly by direct debit, these fees are collected on the 1st of each month, or the nearest working day thereafter, and membership is automatically renewed each year.
Cancellation of membership payable by direct debit must be in writing or email to Tri-City Training Director providing 30 days notice e.g. written notice received on or before 31 December will terminate membership on 31 January and written notice received during January will terminate membership in February. Cancelling your direct debit instruction for the monthly fee or a verbal instruction to any member of staff is not sufficient.
If your Bank fails to make a direct debit payment from your account when due Tri-City Training will write or email to advise you of this. An administration fee of $15 may be charged for each failed direct debit payment.
It is the responsibility of members to cancel the direct debit mandate after the final payment has been received. Tri-City Training will not be held responsible for payment issues arising more than 60 days from the effective cancellation date.
Membership may be suspended up to a maximum of two months. A maintenance fee of 35% of membership will be applied for each month. In exceptional circumstances such as injury or ill health, the management (at its sole discretion) may agree to suspend membership with documented medical evidence to a maximum of 6 months subject to a ‘maintenance’ fee of $10 per month or part thereof. The fee will be collected in place of your usual direct debit payment or in advance for fixed term memberships.
Your Rights under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002
You many cancel this agreement at any time during the period that ends ten (10) days after the day all the services are available. You do not need to give the supplier a reason for cancelling during this 10-day period
In addition, there are grounds that allow you to cancel this agreement. You may also have other rights, duties
and remedies at law. For more information, you may contact the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services.
To cancel this agreement, you must give notice of cancellation to the supplier, at the address set out in the
agreement, by any means that allows you to prove the date on which you gave notice.
If you cancel this agreement, the supplier has fifteen (15) days to refund any payment you have made and return
to you all goods delivered under a trade-in arrangement (or refund an amount equal to the trade-in allowance)